I like JJazzLab and want to keep it free, how can I help ?
- Like the videos and subscribe the YouTube channel
- Record a video of yourself playing along with JJazzLab: videos will be put on the JJazzLab YouTube channel. Insert a JJazzLab logo in the video.
- Spread the word ! Talk and add links to www.jjazzlab.com on social networks, blogs, websites, etc.
- Participate to the JJazzLab users forum
- Add JJazzLab translations for your own language (contact me for how to do this)
The documentation mentions a menu Tools/Options but I can’t find it on Mac OSX
On Mac OSX the Options dialog is accessed via the main menu JJazzLab/Preferences.
How to generate an audio file (.mp3, .wav, etc.) from a JJazzLab backing track ?
It’s easy if you use VirtualMidiSynth with the JJazzLab SoundFont:
- in JJazzLab, save the backing tracks as a .mid file using menu File/Export to Midi file
- open VirtualMIDISynth (right-click from the icon in the Windows system tray) and select the MIDI converter. Select the .mid file and generate the audio file.
You can also use a screen recorder software: some of them directly capture the output of the computer soundcard and save it to a .mp3 file.
Use the FluidSynth -F option to generate a .wav file.
Use the VST host capabilities (Cubase, etc.) to record the output of the VST instruments.
Can I use JJazzLab like a virtual arranger keyboard, i.e. play the chords in real time on my keyboard to control JJazzLab ?
No you can’t, JJazzLab was not designed for this purpose.
How do I transpose a song ?
- Select all the chord symbols (select a chord symbol then ctrl-A, or shift-click to another chord symbol)
- Use the mouse-wheel, or right-click menu transpose
I don’t have administration privileges on my Windows computer, can I install JJazzLab ?
Yes. When first prompted by the JJazzLab installer, select “Install only for me”, then select an installation directory where you have write access (in My Documents for example).
I have a Yamaha arranger keyboard, can I use it with JJazzLab ?
Yes. In order to better use your keyboard sounds, go to the Output Synth configuration editor and apply the “Yamaha Tyros” preset. This preset is based on Tyros5 which is backwards compatible with previous Tyros models and most of the PSR keyboards.