I like JJazzLab and want to keep it free, how can I help ?
- Like the videos and subscribe the YouTube channel
- Record a video of yourself playing along with JJazzLab: videos will be put on the JJazzLab YouTube channel
- Spread the word ! Talk and add links to www.jjazzlab.com on social networks, blogs, websites, etc.
- Participate to the JJazzLab users forum
- Add JJazzLab translations for your own language (contact me for how to this)
The documentation mentions a menu Tools/Options but I can’t find it on Mac OSX
On Mac OSX the Options dialog is accessed via the main menu JJazzLab/Preferences.
How to generate an audio file (.mp3, .wav, etc.) from a JJazzLab backing track ?
It’s easy on Windows if you use VirtualMIDISynth with the JJazzLab SoundFont: JJazzLab menu File/Export to Midi file, then use the VirtualMIDISynth MIDI converter to generate an audio file from the .mid file.
On Linux with FluidSynth: use the FluidSynth -F option to generate a .wav file.
If JJazzLab is connected to VST instruments: use your VST host (Cubase, etc.) to record the output of the VST instruments.
In general once you’ve exported the song as a .mid Midi file (menu File/Export as a Midi File) you can use any Midi-to-MP3 converter. There are free converters available on the web, some of them even work online. Note that these converters will probably not use the same sounds than JJazzLab.
Can I use JJazzLab like a virtual arranger keyboard, i.e. play the chords in real time on my keyboard to control JJazzLab ?
No you can’t, JJazzLab was not designed for this purpose.
How do I transpose a song ?
- Select all the chord symbols (select a chord symbol then ctrl-A, or shift-click to another chord symbol)
- Use the mouse-wheel, or right-click menu transpose
I don’t have administration privileges on my Windows computer, can I install JJazzLab ?
Yes. When first prompted by the JJazzLab installer, select “Install only for me”, then select an installation directory where you have write access (in My Documents for example).
I have a Yamaha arranger keyboard, can I use it with JJazzLab ?
Yes. In order to better use your keyboard sounds, go to the Output Synth configuration editor and apply the “Yamaha Tyros” preset.